Applications have now closed
We are looking for a new member of staff to join our team.
We are specialist suppliers of equine veterinary equipment. Our philosophy at MED Equus is to build long term relationships with vets. Our service is built on years of expertise and a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism - ensuring our clients are completely satisfied with our products and service.
This is a full-time (40 hours), permanent role.
Within the role you will work closely with our team, external suppliers and customers. You will be a pivotal part of the business - liaising with suppliers, colleagues and customers to take care of logistics and stock management to ensure a smooth service.
We’re a growing business. There will be opportunities to progress through developing specific knowledge and skills.
We are ideally seeking a candidate with a veterinary background, however this is not essential.
Attitude and Skills:
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and approach their work with enthusiasm and a proactive attitude.
Training and support is given but in order to do well in the role the candidate will have these skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal over the phone)
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to meet objectives and deadlines
- Must be able to follow guidelines closely but also to work on own initiative when required
- Proven ability in planning, organisation and time management
- Must be competed in Microsoft Office including Outlook email and calendar systems. CRM training will be given but some experience of this would be of an advantage.
Responsibilities of Operations Assistant:
- Veterinary equipment logistics; UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Logistical management of veterinary equipment using online booking systems
- Liaising with international logistics companies
- Warehouse management of inventory assets/stock
- Liaising with international suppliers
- Liaising with customers by phone and email
- 25 days holiday, excluding Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Part of a small, close-knit team
- Free parking
- Company socials
- Training and support
- Opportunities for progression
Due to the nature of the role and the stock management work, this is an office based position. The candidate would need to live in a commutable distance to our office in Oswestry.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please email a CV (no longer than 2 A4 sides) and a covering letter to [email protected]
Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
Application deadline: 01/03/2021
Expected start date: 01/04/2021 - however we would be flexible for the right candidate.
We have a full Covid-19 risk assessment in place under government guidelines. Interviews will be held virtually.